The conference is divided into general topical areas or streams. These are very loosely grouped, approximating perspectives, knowledge bases, professional practices or disciplines. As much as possible, we try to program parallel sessions relating to each stream into the same room. This means that it would be possible, if one wished, to follow the same stream for the whole conference. Each stream also has a related talking circle, a forum for focused discussion of issues.
You will be asked to select one or more streams when you submit a presentation proposal. If you select more than one stream or 'other', the conference organisers will choose a stream based on a reading of your title and abstract, or the one which seems to fit best with other presentation proposals that have been submitted.
Arts 2008: Conference Streams
- Teaching and Learning the Arts
- Arts Policy, Management and Advocacy
- Arts Theory and Criticism
- Social, Political and Community Agendas in the Arts
- Visual Arts Practices
- Performing Arts Practices: Theatre, Dance, Music
- Literary Arts Practices
- Media Arts Practices: Television, Multimedia, Digital, Online and Other New Media